Translate

Friday 10 May 2013

Q & A Column


H.H. Shriman Sankarshan Das Adhikari



Question: Chant Gita Verses or Hare Krishna?

I am more attached to recite always Bhagavad-gita slokas repeatedly than the name of Supreme Personality. My question is: If I recite Bhagavad-gita slokas does it purify me? Will it be effective as the mahamantra? I need your suggestions and also blessings. It's my humble request.

Thanking you,
Your servant,

Geetha


 

Answer: Chant Both

Chanting Bhagavad-gita verses is certainly purifying. But kindly note that the Kali Santarana Upanisad specifically states that there is no means of attaining spiritual perfection as effective in this age of Kali as chanting:

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

Therefore my best advise to you is that you should chant at least 16 rounds per day of the Hare Krishna mahamantra on japa mala and also regularly recite the verses of the Bhagavad-gita. This will make you very strong and powerful in Krishna consciousness.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari


My Spiritual Master, H.H. Shriman Sankarshan Das Adhikari can be reached at: sda@backtohome.com. For an ecstatic e-course in self-realization through pure Krishna Bhakti, please visit him at: www.ultimateselfrealization.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment