Translate

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Let Me Die Immediately!
Krishna's Lotus Feet
Kulasekhara Prays to Lord

King Kulasekhara said to the Lord:

"Now my mind is undisturbed, and I am quite healthy. If I die immediately, thinking of Your lotus feet, then I am sure that my performance of Your devotional service will become perfect. But if I have to wait for my natural death, then I do not know what will happen, because at that time, the bodily functions will be disrupted, my throat will be choked up, and I do not know whether I shall be able to chant Your name. Better let me die immediately." (Mukundamala Stotra 33)

This verse was very dear to Srila Prabhupada. It is very significant because whatever we do in our entire life will be tested at the time of death. At the time of death, we must be most meditative, fixing our mind on Krishna. King Kulasekhara prays to die at that moment when his mind is undisturbed and he is in good health, so that he will be able to absorb his mind in the thoughts of Krishna's lotus feet.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment