Translate

Thursday 27 December 2012

The Greatness of Gopis .... (2)
 
Krishna Says: I hold the gopis dearer than my own life
In Adi Purana, there is a conversation between Arjuna and the Lord.
 
Arjuna: In the three worlds, which devotees know you in truth? Who satisfies you? Which devotees have the greatest love for you?
 
Sri Krishn: O prince! Brahma, Siva and Lakshmi are not as dear to me as the gopis. I am attached to many devotees on this earth, but I hold the gopis dearer than my own life. O conquerer of enemies! Sages, yogis, Siva and the devatas do not know me as much as the gopis know me.
I am not brought under control by austerities, by recitation of the Vedas, by conduct in varnasrama or by knowledge. I am controlled only by prema. O son of Prtha! The gopis know my glory, my worship, my faith, and my mentality. Others do not know me in truth. There is no one who has such deep love for me as the gopis since they worship me while thinking of their bodies as mine.

- Srila Rupa Gosvami in Laghu Bhagavatmrita

No comments:

Post a Comment